Our zine launch event on 7th July, 2018 was a great success. Thank you all for attending and taking interest in our collective. We look forward to feedback from all the attendees.
Our zine launch event was reviewed by Maia from TN2 magazine. You can check out her write-up here:
If you missed the launch event, you can purchase our zine by sending €5 and leaving a note of your address at the following link, and we will send a copy by mail: Pay Pal
We will also have zines available at the following upcoming events:
- 21/07/2018: A Little Half Day Festival @ Jigsaw– Crevice / Innercity / Mohammad Syfkhan / Declan Synnott / DJ Backstabber / Rising Damp / Cal Folger Day
- 25/07/2018: Body/Battleground @ A4 Sounds– A bodily autonomy focused visual art exhibition.
- 10/08/2018 – 12/08/2018: Nowhere Else Festival – a DIY punk festival in County Carlow
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you at one of these upcoming events, and planning our next workshop.
T.O.R.C.H. will be holding our launch event at Jaja Studios in Stoneybatter on Saturday from 3PM-7PM! There will be:
- Free condoms and information about STIs
- Zines, badges, and stickers available for sale
- A DIY sex toy workshop by Indigo and Ryan. We will be making floggers and massage candles! 🕯️
- 1980s Catholic sex ed video screening
- An introduction to the collective and our mission
- Homemade food and snacks
- Tunes throughout
- Consent brainstorming activities that you can contribute to anonymously
- An after-party at 8PM in the Hut with Italo Disco, DJed by Raul from Palermo/Berlin
This has been a creative and organizational effort by 25+ amazing people. The zine contains an introduction to the T.O.R.C.H. collective, the community guidelines that we have developed, personal reflections about sexual health/rape culture/assault, art, illustration, poems, examples of how to give/ask consent, results and analysis of our online survey, resources, a piece by Need Abortion Ireland, write-in activities for self reflection, an empowering playlist by Nic Nolan, and a sexuality themed crossword. The zine covers have been artfully constructed by Cosmetic Plague. We hope to see you on Saturday!
Please send submissions to TORCHcollective@gmail.com to have your writing or art included in our inaugural zine which will be distribute in July at our launch event.
The T.O.R.C.H. collective firmly believes in the right to, and availability of, safe and legal abortion. Women are not vessels. If you have a vote, please make sure to use it tomorrow to vote “YES/TÁ” so that Ireland can take a step toward respecting bodily autonomy for all.
The T.O.R.C.H. collective is a non-profit organisation established in 2018, based in Dublin, Ireland. Our goal is to engage the DIY music & art community in workshops and projects that promote healthy relationships, consent, sexual health, and community accountability. We hope to challenge beliefs and actions that enable violence, sexual assault, misogyny, and homophobia in our community.